Sunday, March 9, 2008

The just shall live by faith

Do you think there is a difference between believing in God and believing God?

I ask that question because I doubt any of us don't believe in God. But I do doubt that any of us really believe God. Sure we can all say we do when things are good. But how many of us could sit on the ashes of our lives, naked and scraping the sores that cover our body and say; The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD as Job did. When things don't go as we planned, do we worry? When our country seems corrupt, do we worry? When everything in your life is shaken or removed, where will your confidence and hope be? Will it be in someone else or perhaps yourself? Is it in your things or were you live? What is it in life, that if you lost it you would be troubled by? If your hope is not in God alone, then you have just found your idol. What I see is everyone worried about all sorts of things, worry is the opposite of faith. But how many of us even care that the one who gave us life, eyes to see, ears to hear and filled our lives with beauty, that His name is blasphemed constantly. Does it break our hearts when God is lied about? Does it concern us that we honor Him with our lips, but our hearts are far from Him. Does our soul yearn for God as King David's did in Psalm 42; As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? When is the last time you picked up your Bible because you thirsted after God and wanted to meet Him? Some don't even believe God when He says that it is His word. How many of us call God a liar by our thoughts and actions every moment? If the things that are done to God were done to someone you love, you would be outraged. Yet we yawn or turn away when God is dragged through the mud and sometimes we are the ones doing it to Him. Let's get passionate about something that really matters, God and His honor. The rest of the stuff is just window dressing. This is not to say that I'm a perfect representative of God and everyone should be more like me, I dishonor Him more than I care to remember, and it breaks my heart. Honestly, I wish I was more like a door than a wall. I want people to see God, in all His beauty, and fall madly in love with Him. I don't want them to see me, but he has chosen this imperfect vessel of clay to proclaim His majesty. So my question is; do we believe that God is good and He always does what is right? We can rattle of so easily all we know about God and talk as If we know Him. But remember, even the demons believe in God, yet they tremble James 2:19 Do we tremble? or do we mock Him and say Ah! He doesn't really mean that and He most certainly won't do that. God has sworn that a day is coming when he will balance the scales of justice and that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20 That righteousness is found only in Christ. You don't posses it, nor can you earn it. It is the free gift of God by faith alone, in Christ alone. It is attained by believing that God has done for you what He promised He would do. Remember that Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness. Galatians 3:6 And faith is the gift of God Ephesians 2:8 So my challenge is this; Tolle Lege, take up and read. Go get your Bible and knock of the dust. And when you do, do it with the eyes of faith, believing God and His word. Seek His face. For He promises that all who seek, shall find Matthew 7:7

No comments: