Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Walking Through The Book of Romans

I confess, I'm an avid Podcaster. But my profession lends it's self to that sort of thing. Being a professional driver gives me lot's of time to listen to podcast, sermons being my favorite variety. It might make your head hurt if I told you how many I consume daily. But recently one of my favorites came to an end, Desiring God by John Piper. He had been preaching through the book of Romans and I had been so edified by it. So I thought, what now? So that's when I got the idea, let's go back to the beginning and work through them. Now mind you this is no small task, there is eight and a half years of preaching here. So I cut out everything, except Stand to Reason and started in the beginning. Oh what a joy it is to hear the word of God opened up and exposited so well. I have been a follower of Christ for sometime, but I must say, I didn't fully understand the Gospel until now. So if you are a follower of Christ I strongly urge you to work through this series, it will be well worth your time. Here is the link to the sermons. To get a taste click here Every one of these sermons has been enlightening for me and shown me things in God's word I have never seen.

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
Romans 11:33

No comments: